Railway cargo customs clearance
Railway cargo customs clearance
Customs clearance of railway cargo is a time-consuming procedure one should go through when transporting any goods across the border in trains. Verification is required for all participants in foreign economic processes. It is regulated by rules and regulations at the legislative level. It is important to be aware of all the nuances of the customs service in order to avoid fines, goods removal, or delay at customs.
Logistic Service workers know all the nuances of the railway cargo customs clearance process. There is nothing difficult for us in this process. We confidently work at all stages of cargo passage at customs. Besides, we are familiar with legislative norms and regulations. We also know how to minimize the cost of customs inspection by correctly drawing up documents and issuing cargo.
We provide customers with the professional support of their goods at customs, offering them individual work plans, and prompt resolution of all emerging issues!Send request
Railway cargo customs declaration and inspection
Transportation of goods by railway trains is a fast and affordable way of transportation. Compared to the faster, but more expensive air transportation, and to the cost-efficient but slow sea transportation, we can say for sure that this is the most profitable and convenient way to transport goods.
Customs clearance of railway cargo usually consists of the following steps:
- inspection of goods transported abroad at customs;
- control of compliance of all goods with environmental and veterinary standards;
- overload of products from one train to another (if the type of rails in one country differs from those in the receiving state);
- re-issuance of cargo documentation when reloading.
Customs clearance seems extremely difficult for beginners who are not familiar with its details. As a rule, customs clearance of railway cargo takes up to 10 days. It takes ten days to prepare all the documents, check the goods, wagons, and train workers' baggage. Some other procedures are carried out as well.
Cargo customs clearance sequence:
- Registration of documents and their thorough verification in the state from which they are sent. Railway workers collect and systematize different data for reports. The transfer list will be sent to customs facilities, administrative centers of the receiving country, and to the border station service. The list is supplemented by documents for goods transported, which are provided by their owner.
- Transfer of cargo. All the prepared documentation is certified by customs officers and confirmed by a seal. All the goods are then recorded in the transfer report and signed by the customs representative of the State which they enter. Border Station personnel send an import permit notification. After this, the receiving country is fully responsible for it.
- Preparation of documents for cargo in the receiving State. Customs workers and intermediaries responsible for products conduct declarations and inspections.
During this, the following steps are carried out:
- checking of the number of places for cargo, its integrity, and seals condition;
- inspection of products (packages and seals are removed from random containers);
- registration of customs inspection reports;
- installation of new serviceable seals instead of those that were removed;
- sanitary and environmental control (if necessary);
- final verification of documents and their registration; obtaining an import permit.
Logistic Service specialists will perform high-quality maintenance and customs clearance of railway cargo, taking into account all the conditions convenient for our customers.
How to contact us
You can call us by phone, leave a request or send an e-mail.
Our manager will contact you soon.
Something went wrong